Heuristic Evaluation of the ARM Investment Center websiteApril 26, 2023
Unifying ARM’s Businesses into a single digital platformJuly 26, 2021
Redesigning The Payday Investor User Experience
Improving the registration and withdrawal process while enhancing the visual design for the target audience
I worked on this project as the Product Designer. My main areas of responsibility were: Visual Design, UX Research, Prototyping and stakeholder management.
ARM Holding Company
PayDay Investor is a FinTech app that helps users set financial goals and invest in ARM Mutual Funds. The previous version was buggy, had high drop-off rates at various points and was not particularly visually appealing.
This redesign process was an exercise in staying true to the product yet improving the user experience.
The major challenge was to significantly reduce the drop-off and churn rate during the registration process, Particularly due to the stringent regulatory requirements for investment houses.
There was also a high demand by customers and stakeholders to improve the User Interface and all-around visual appeal of the application.
There were also some usability issues flagged by the Support team, whereby a substantial number of users required clarity at the point of Redemption/Withdrawal.
- We gathered usage and engagement analytic tools to extract specific user pain points from the current experience.
- We conducted semi-structured interviews with 10 regular investors and stakeholders to understand how the problems with the current process. This helped us to explore different problems & go deep down into a few major issues that they currently face.
- We had brainstorming sessions with the business managers to understand what they wanted to achieve and the various regulatory limitations that exist in their businesses.
- We critically analyzed the structure of the current interface, and got a better understanding of the brand elements and business goals.
- We collected many successful and unsuccessful examples of this experience from other fintech apps to perform a competitive analysis.
- From the findings, I rapidly designed high fidelity prototypes on a feature by feature basis, to validate/test our ideas with stakeholders and focus groups.
- After this, I handing off the designs to the Frontend developers and worked closely with them to ensure conformity.
- User and Stakeholder interviews
- Focus Group
- Competitive Audit
- User Flows
- Metric Analysis
User Flows, Visual Design, Prototyping, Developer Handoff
Typeform: Online Surveys
Registration & Onboarding:
The simple goal was to set up a multi-level process connecting the user to the product’s value as soon as possible.
We made the onboarding process extensively tailored to each user's need while only requesting data at the exact point of need without depriving them of the other benefits within the app.
Also, we made the data collection process bold and interactive and actively informed the users of the benefits of each step.
The issues with the withdrawal process were resolved via the design of a digital wallet feature, this ensured all outgoing transaction had a single point of exit, thereby fixing the confusion and previous complexities around the process.
We saw over 65% increase in conversion in 6 months after the update was released. And there were remarkable reviews about the visual appeal and usability of the new interface.
Based on the data, we found that our customers were frequently dropping off due to the lengthy regulatory KYC requirements for the various tiers of investors. To meet the needs of these customers and improve their experience, I segmented the onboarding process such that each type of customer has a peculiar User journey and only sees an interface based on his investment need. This function greatly simplified the onboarding process.